Saturday, September 19, 2015

Letter: 19 September 2015


Hello everyone!

Well well well, this week has been swell! I am falling more and more in love with this country and these amazing people and everything :) I just love it!

We had the most memorable dinner appointment with a sister in our branch this Sunday! Her name is Sister Wolfe and she is from Australia. She works at the international school (she basically has my dream career) and her youngest son just left on a mission. She made some amazing food and used Nigella Lawson's cookbook so I was very happy! But the electricity went out and we ate in the dark with a candle and a flashlight and I could not stop laughing because it was so funny!

I love how much people are surprised when we say hello to them here! They simply do not talk to people unless they know each other and they are always confused when we greet them! It's actually a great conversation starter :) And there is always someone to sit next to on public transport wince nobody sits near each other if at all possible! I love it! It makes missionary work really easy!


Sister DuBois and I on a tiger

I had my first Czech hospital experience this week. Do not worry... it was to visit someone else! But I couldn't even tell where the hospital was because it looked like the average building! People smoking everywhere, too! (I usually think "welcome to Europe" whenever that happens!). The Elders came with us and gave her a blessing and it was both her and my first experience of hearing a blessing in Czech because she only joined the church last month! It was amazing! The Spirit was so strong and she felt so much better afterwards :) Priesthood power!  
Our kitchen and dining area (I told you it was a large apartment!)

German has come in handy this week! We met a sister missionary who was returning home from her mission in London. She joined the church a little over 2 years ago and only served a 14 month mission because of school (sounds like what I would have had to do if I had stayed in England) and said that it was the worst day of her life coming home. Her parents are very against the church but her mom came to the office while Eva got released. She grew up speaking German since her family works for a German company and I was able to get to know her and talk about the blessings of the Gospel. She was more understanding and even took a few church booklets home with her. I got to translate the whole conversation for my mission President's wife, too!

Our very large bedroom.  Looks like we need more furniture!

This week  I GAVE AWAY MY FIRST KNIHA MORMONOVA!!! I was so happy and excited and we are meeting with the recipient on Monday! I talked to him when we were on splits on the street and it was amazing! Prayers really are answered!  

Our spacious living and study room
Large bathroom with washer and dryer

We also had a wonderful lesson with one of our investigators and he said the following: "A year ago God was just a word to me but now he is a part of my life". This country is so prepared for the Gospel and I love seeing the light of Christ flourish in those I meet!

I love being a missionary and I love the Gospel!

Love from a very grateful sister missionary in Prague,

Sestra Manners 




No comments:

Post a Comment