Monday, September 7, 2015

Letter: 5 September 2015

Week 2 in Prague!

Well this week has been full of adventures! And I have loved and learned so much from every experience I have had!  My trainer, Sister DuBois, is from Bountiful Utah and this is her last transfer! I'm her third baby! She's been in this are for two transfers already so most people ignore me and only talk to her since they know her so well (I'm starting to see why people say Eastern European missions are hard but they are not impossible!).



We live on the third floor of our building and have two bedrooms, a kitchen, bathroom and toilet and a living room/ dinging room/ office. The hallway is bigger than my room back home and the overall apartment is very European!


Being a greenie is definitely fun! I have no idea what is going on a lot of the time since I can barely understand anybody but this is the perfect time for me to learned to rely on the Lord and he truly has blessed me! I have learned to love people I have just met and focusing on their needs has helped me to understand them so much more. I have the most incredible calling in the world. I get to share my testimony day in and day out 24/7 and there is nothing I love more to do.

The week has been hard but that's how missionary work should be. If it were easy, I wouldn't learn as much as I have and it wouldn't mean as much to me as it does. I truly love these people and am grateful to help them learn about their true identity. Every day I met people who have never prayed, never read the scriptures, never even thought about their Heavenly Father. And although a lot of them are not prepared to learn more or simply brush us off (it still sounds pretty in Czech so I always smile and wish them a good day) I know that the Lord is preparing them. This work is true and this work is needed. Heavenly Father loves His children here and I have the sacred opportunity to help them recognize and learn about their eternal inheritance.

I have seen so many miracles happen each day! This week we had a lot of appointments fall through which gave me a lot of contacting experience. I usually love talking to people but having a language barrier has definitely made me a quieter person. However when I have the chance to open my mouth, I never regret it. We went contacting as a district and had half of us sing hymns while the other talked to people. I loved it! Teaching others about the gospel whilst there is heavenly music in the background is amazing. I got to bear my testimony to so many people and even got to teach someone how to pray! I love being a missionary!

The language is definitely hard though! I tried contacting and said something wrong to a lady and it made her stop since she was rather confused. However it led to us talking with her for quite some time about the gospel and she showed interest in hearing more! The Lord definitely works through mysterious ways.

This week I also faced a lot of my fears! I used to dislike public transport and now I love it! We even visited a lady in our branch that had a cat and I survived (cats are my worst enemy... I still haven't figured out why).

The food here is great! We are fed each week by an inactive member and he made the exact same meal I had when I first got here :) It is so good!


A quick photo before dessert!

Sharing a message from the Book of Mormon after lunch

Speaking of the branch I attend: it is amazing! There are about 100 members that attend each Sunday and we have lots of visitors from all over the world. This past Sunday the man that plays the organ for the Mormon tabernacle choir was visiting and played for us! It was amazing! We even translate the meeting into English since so many people are native English speakers! I also was asked to speak in sacrament meeting! It was rather terrifying but I know that Heavenly Father helped me!

Today we went on a run around Prague early in the morning and saw beautiful sights with very few people around and we went to the aquarium! It was a ton of fun! 
 



I know that this church is true and I know that our Savior Jesus Christ lives and loves us and is never disappointed in us when we repent. The Atonement is the most incredible gift we have been given and I know that as we use it, we will come closer to our Heavenly Father and more fully understand our divine purpose.

I love you and am deeply grateful for your prayers, love and support. You are always in my prayers!

Love from Prague,

Sestra Manners






No comments:

Post a Comment