Monday, September 28, 2015

Letter: 26 September 2015

Dear all,

It feels like last P-day was yesterday! Time really is flying by! I just hit my 3 month mark this week and cannot believe that I have already served a sixth of my mission!

This week was wonderful! Every day I find another reason why the Lord called me to serve here! I had the opportunity to meet a lot of members of this branch this past Sunday as I do every Sunday and had the chance to sit down with one lady who had a tough week and listen to her and bear my testimony on the Savior's love to her. With tears in her eyes she thanked me and I could feel Heavenly Father's love for her through the Spirit. I am so grateful to be here! These people are amazing and even with the little Czech that I know I have been able to find ways to serve and help uplift others.



Me with some members of the branch and a senior missionary sister at our church building

My first book of Mormon placement met with us this week! He is a middle aged man who is a musician (he invited us to look up his music on YouTube so we promised him we would when we are home again!) and he is incredible! He is keeping his commitments and is even committed to baptism! This week we focused on being bold with baptism invitations (we have a really awesome two part baptismal invitation that we set!) during zone conference and I have already had opportunities (like this one) to put it into practice!

I also had my first full street lesson this week. I have taught lots of street lessons before but we taught this young man the entire restoration lesson on the street and gave him a book of Mormon and it was amazing! The Spirit was so strong and I really felt the power of teaching by the Spirit. And it was 100 percent Czech!! Woohoo!!


Sunrise over Prague

It is so true that missions truly test your faith! I had a contact this week that really tested my faith. She was finding every reason possible to disagree with me and I spent half an hour bearing my testimony about the Gospel. Some people here are rather stern about disagreeing with the Gospel but it really is an amazing testimony builder. I loved being able to share with her the many reason why I am on a mission and told her that I would not give up a year and a half of my life to serve a mission if I didn't wholeheartedly believe it was true.

I have learned to trust in the Spirit more than ever lately!

I wish I had more time to tell you about the amazing experiences I am having but that is all for now. Thank you for your love and support! 


Love, 


Sestra Manners
 
View from Charles Bridge during our early morning run on Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment