Sunday, October 4, 2015

Letter: 3 October 2015

Dear all,

Happy October!! I cannot believe that it is October already! The leaves are changing colors and it is getting cold outside. But I love it! Fall is my favorite season and there is no better place to spend it than in Prague! (Yes, I am very biased but it is beautiful!)  Weeks really are flying by!  It feels like I just wrote home yesterday! 



This week has been wonderful! I love having P-day on Saturdays because it makes Sunday feel like the first day of the week for me. And it is the best day ever!!

I recently realized that we mostly teach men! I was quite surprised by that! I think men are respectful to us and listen when we contact them on the street and then end up meeting with us a lot whereas women just brush us off and are a little mean to us! However we are teaching a sweet young lady who is half french, half Filipino and grew up in Germany! We taught her last Sunday and then we invited her to FHE! She asked if she could bring anything, and we said nothing so she offered to bring " two cute guys from work"'. It was sooo funny!!

I am also seeing hearts being changed here! We fasted last week with an inactive family but also fasted that the prayers of those we tech would be answered and we are seeing that happen! A man we teach from Uganda was not sure if he could be baptized and had been praying about it for a long time. He just told us that he received an answer and is now preparing to be baptized! Miracles happen day after day without fail here!

We had more hospital visits this week! Our same sweet lady is still in the hospital! We have been able to visit her and keep her company. But she is in a different ward now and we got rather lost trying to find it and rode in an elevator that didn't have a door! It felt like something from a movie!

Speaking of transport, I recently found out that the elevator at our metro stop is the longest in Europe! If that isn't reason enough to come visit Prague, I will continue to tell you how amazing it is!

We also did a lot of service this week! My favorite project was painting the YSA room! It was so much fun and now looks so good! and we have officially left our mark on the Prague chapel! 

The Prague Chapel
We run into all sorts of people when we contact and they are wonderful! This week we ran into a young lady that leads a youth group in another christian church. She offered to pray for us there and then on the street and it was a really cool experience. I love hearing about other people's relationships with our Heavenly Father! 



Random moment of the week: on our way home last night we saw a man dressed as a knight with a javelin take the metro with us and then ride the escalator with it! It was so funny! Prague really is so peculiar!

Sister DuBois and I also accidentally matched clothes this week! We both have a similar stripped dress and wore it on the same day but didn't have time to change! We looked like twins all day long! 




This week I have been reading through Alma and really loved chapter 12. I highly recommend reading it with your families or companions or by yourself and seeing what you learn about the Plan of Salvation :)

I hope you have a wonderful conference weekend! I know that if you watch conference having prayed with questions that you will find and hear answers in the talks, hymns and prayers said!

I have saved the best for last!!!! this was my highlight of the week:



So I had my first baptism today! It was incredible! The man met a sister that served here two transfers ago for a split second on the street and gave her his business card and has been meeting with the missionaries ever since. He was set on being baptized after he first attended church and even moved his young family to Prague so that he could attend church! His name is Daniel Grim and he is amazing! He looooves the gospel so much and we will begin teaching his family in his home! We actually got to go over to his house for the first time last week! They are so sweet and President McConkie baptised him! He is not able to come to church tomorrow since work called him in so he recieved the gift of the Holy Ghost today! The Spirit was so strong and I was in tears as he was confirmed. It was the first time I had witnessed a baptism in Czech and it meant so much to me to see him make such a  big step. The church is true and the gospel is growing strong here in the Czech Republic. I will forever remember October conference as the weekend when the sweetest man I have taught on my mission thus far showed God how much he loved him by being baptized in Christ's name. 



I love you all and thank you for your prayers and support. Best wishes from Prague,

Sestra Manners 




No comments:

Post a Comment