Saturday, October 17, 2015

Letter: 17 October 2015

Dear all,

How is it already halfway through October! I cannot believe that I hit my fourth month mark this week! Time just flies by so fast! I am learning that time is precious and that I should make the most out of it while I am on my mission. You never know what that extra minute of talking to someone new or that little smile can do! Everything we do really can make a difference!

Fall is in full swing here and there are days where we wear two pairs of tights! It might even begin snowing soon! Uvidime! (We will see!) I love all the colors and it is sooo beautiful here!

Well the week started by finishing general conference and I loved it! That ponderizing talk was soo good and we are ponderizing with some of the friends that we teach and I love it! I have found so many more ways in which I can apply scriptures to my life! If you haven't already tried ponderizing, I invite you to start :) Speaking of conference, it really does soften hearts! A man we are teaching had the opportunity to watch it and it really helped him recognise the testimony he has and he is soo much more excited about the Gospel! Miracles truly do happen because of the words of the prophet!

This week Sister D and I got to visit some amazing members of the branch. They all have incredible stories! Like this one single mother joined the church over 20 years ago after the missionaries knocked on her door and invited her and her sons to read the Book of Mormon. They simply all read it together for a few weeks and it helped to soften their hearts and they were able to feel the love that Heavenly Father has for them. Amazing! I am learning so much about them and my love for the is just growing and growing. Even with a language barrier!

This week Sister D and I also had some food adventures! We had Doner kebab boxes, which is meat cooked by an open flame on huge sticks and then shaved. Yep, sounds pretty different but it is soo tasty! There is food from all over the world here in Prague but my favorite by far is Czech food! It really is soo good! They are definitely soup masters, too! 


I am also learning the power of teaching with members. We taught with Sister McConkie this week and the Spirit is so strong when member testify of the truths we are teaching and discussing. I am so grateful for those who take the time to teach with us. If you have never taught with the missionaries before, try it! It is amazing to be there when spiritual experiences are happening for those who are new to the gospel.

We also had our culture night this week! We went to see phantom of the opera in Czech and it was amazing! This language is beautiful!
 

This week I read Alma 26:3 and love how much it applies to missionary work! You should go Czech it out ;) (I hope you see what I did there)

I love you all and thank you for your support. also a shout out to those I have met here that read this blog. You are amazing! Keep up the good work!

Best wishes,

Sestra Manners

P.S. Elder Robertson (a friend from Lichfield Stake) is currently serving in Switzerland and he sent me a copy of a Czech Book of Mormon from 1933! Here is a picture :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment