Saturday, November 14, 2015

Letter: 14 November 2015

Hello everybody!

This week was crazy! It flew by so so fast and I loved it! We definitely had a lot of things we were not expecting (like a doctors visit since most of our district were sick with a virus but thank goodness we are all good and healthy!)

This week we got a new senior couple in the Prague district. They are such sweethearts and I love having so many wise people to serve alongside that are like parents to me (I have quite as few sets of parents and moms in Prague now!).

This week I have really seen how important the Spirit is. It has been so strongly present in our lessons this week and sometimes we end up teaching about something completely different to what we had planned as directed by the Spirit. I love it! Sometimes scriptures I read weeks ago come to my mind in answer to a question or a concern and I know that they are by the Spirit.

I am also seeing the blessings that are coming from having a wonderful district this transfer! We often do something called a singing display where half of us sing and the other half contact but we also have an Elder with us that plays the guitar. Music really does help to invite the Spirit so much as it appropriate and we met so many incredible people as we had these singing displays going on. I love music so much!

Well today was probably the funniest P-day ever! We started out by trying to bake brownies for some members in the branch but we still have no idea how the oven works properly and we ended up burning them and it caused quite the cloud of smoke (thank goodness for large windows and senior couples who help to keep us calm via a phone call). And then this afternoon we decided to do a quick walk around Prague and got utterly lost. It was really funny and we saw some gorgeous things during our little adventure! Like this amazing view of Prague!



My favorite part of this week happened clear back on Sunday: we had district conference and many members of the district were being ordained to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood. They stood up during the meeting as their names were called. One dear sweet man that we love who has been inactive for the past 5ish years was among those who stood up! We were in awe! It was such a miracle and we are so happy for him! He is amazing!

I am so grateful for all of your help and love and prayers. They are helping miracles to happen here in Prague!

s laskou,

Setra Manners 


I am still burning things when cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment