Saturday, November 21, 2015

Letter: 21 November 2015

Ahoj!!

This week was soo great! Super spiritual and I have been able to recognize the whispering of the Spirit more and more each day.

We had the best surprise ever this past Sunday! Our most recent convert who was baptized the end of last month told us he had something to show us. Little did we know that he has holding his temple recommend in his hands! I just about cried with happiness because I was sooo excited for him! I am still in awe and I can not stop smiling whenever I see him! He is a spiritual giant and I am so proud of him!

We had a really spiritual experience helping someone prepare to be baptized by committing to a date this week. It was incredible! It was really led by the Spirit and although I felt like it was the worst Czech I have ever spoken, it was a time when I felt the Spirit the strongest on my mission. There is so much power in teaching by the Spirit! 



We did service this week for a beloved member and we were able to teach them the power of prayer at the same time! Their door locked on us and we were all stuck in the same room. My awesome companion offered to say a prayer and shortly after the door worked again! It was a miracle and really softened his heart.

We had some amazing help from members this week. Their faith helps us so much and they all have the incredible pioneer stories of faith. Most of them come from atheist backgrounds and their hearts were softened by reading the Book of Mormon and listening to the message and the spirit. Amazing!!!




I made a really funny language mistake this week. I was trying to set up with a referral and asked them if we could 'chodit spolu' which is the way that Czechs ask people out on dates... I was really surprised the referral said yes and why sis D was laughing but it all makes sense now! I am learning that the best way to learn is by making silly mistakes like asking investigators out! 



Sister Manners with Evie, daughter of the Mission President
I am loving my mission! Today we went and walked around Prague with Evie, our mission sister (Mission President's daughter) and she showed us some sights that not a lot of tourists know about! It was really cool! 



A Prague canal
I hope you are all having a great week and enjoy thanksgiving! That is actually when my Pday will be next week! So make sure you email me by Wednesday evening at the latest. I love you all!

I know more and more each day that this church is true and that Christ is my Saviour. I know He lives and loves me.

s laskou,

Sestra Manners 


This is what I did today!  We had a baptism (the assistants taught him but he is a really great guy and wanted a pic with us!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment