Saturday, November 28, 2015

Letter: 28 November 2015

Dear all,

Do you know how much I love my mission? Because I really do love it!
It is full of ups and downs but I would not regret it at all. I am learning more than I ever thought I would and although it isn't anything like I thought it would be (we have so many "I never thought that would happen on my mission moments") I love every single moment. I love the moments that make me laugh. I love the moments that are touched with the spirit more than I ever thought they could be. I love the trials I face each day because they help me learn more and more each day. I love the people I meet on the street, on public transport and at church. I love every opportunity I am given each day to testify of Christ. I LOVE MY MISSION!!! 


We help to clean the chapel every week
This week was the perfect opportunity to reflect on why I love my mission because we had Thanksgiving! I never thought I would celebrate big American holidays in Eastern Europe as a missionary but when you are serving close to your mission president, it is a must. It is his favourite holiday! He even changed our P-day (besides emailing) to Thursday so we could enjoy it more! We spent the morning singing as a district to get in our proselyting for the day and then we started the celebrations! We had a turkey bowl as a district with the McConkies (but I was still getting over a cold so I was bundled up and put in the kitchen with our amazing senior couples to finish food preparations) and then afterwards we had an amazing feast! There were various members from all over the world and we even had the privilege of being joined by the newest member of the branch who was baptized just last Saturday! It was his first Thanksgiving ever and he loved it! I was reminded of the many miracles that have happened this year to get me to where I am today and I was amazed at how many little miracles happen each day! Count them and you will be amazed yourself!

The day before Thanksgiving, we had zone conference! And I love Zone Conferences! This one was extra special since we were told all about the many things we will be doing for Christmas!!! I am so excited! We will be doing a lot of visits and teaching and service and I am so excited! Christmas as a missionary is extraordinary and all those who have already experienced it have gotten me so excited! President finished all of our trainings with a Jesus thought. He reads something to us about Christ and tells us about the deeper meaning behind it and I love it! This time he shared with us John 10:1-14 and taught us more about the different tools of a Shepard so we could understand the deeper meaning behind the use of the word Shepard as a description of Christ. It was incredible! I encourage you to read it and study it.

This really is such an opportunity for me to learn more about my Saviour and come closer to Him. I feel like I have already learned so much just from reading about Him in the scriptures and trying to act as He would. Yesterday on the way home that evening I remembered what I had learned of Christ that day and it helped me to focus so much more on others. I just turned around on the tram and started talking to the lady sitting behind me and thought of what Christ would do and say if He were the one in my place. It helped so much! It completely changed what I was thinking and helped me to focus so much more on that woman. We had a great conversation about the Gospel and she even mentioned that she has met missionaries before and notices the light in our eyes each time. I just knew that she recognized the Spirit and we talked more about Christ and His role. It was awesome! I truly love being a missionary!

I really want to make the most out of my mission and I am seeing and recognizing that I will do so best as I strive to focus on the Saviour and His teachings and do my best to represent Him. I know that to be true and I am so excited for the many opportunities I have to share that message with others.

I know that He lives and loves us. I know that He is my Saviour and no matter what, He is always there for me.

I LOVE YOU ALL!

S laskou,

Sestra Manners

P.S. the Christmas markets are up and I am soo excited!! Eek! Here is a sneek peek :) 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment