Monday, February 22, 2016

Letter: 22 February 2016

Hello everybody!!

You are probably all rather confused why this is being sent on a different day. No, transfers have no happened yet! I was just very tried and swollen so President sent me and my comp home and told us to email on Monday because... I got my wisdom teeth out! I am probably the only missionary every to have had that happen! Well at least here in the Czech Republic! It was definitely an adventure. 


Post wisdom teeth removal!  Notice the swelling!
But with all trials there are blessings! We saw so many miracles this week! We got to see four people be baptized! every companionship in Prague had a baptism and it was so special! (One man broke his leg that week and they had to wrap up his cast in cellophane wrap! It was quite the sight!) My first baptism here on my mission was the man that baptized the most recent baptism that we have had. They just happen to be married to each other and they and their two adorable kids are some of the newest members of the branch (their daughter turns 8 in May!! I am so excited for her!). 


 We also had 5 confirmations this past Sunday! (Lucka has been ill and not able to be confirmed but she finally was feeling well and was able to come to church). Daniel also gave a talk and it was incredible!! It was probably one of my most favorite Sundays ever!

This week we also saw a lot of hearts softened! I truly do love my mission and can see miracles happen every single day. I try to write them down at the end of the day and discover as I do so, that I find more and more! It reminded me of a scripture that Daniel used in his talk!

Ether 12:6 And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.

I know that it is by faith that we truly see miracles happen., As we rely on the Lord and trust in Him, he can truly change our lives and help good things come to pass. Never underestimate the power that faith can have in your life.  It truly is changing mine and the lives of those around me.

I love you all and so does Christ! 

S laskou,

Sestra Manners

No comments:

Post a Comment