Saturday, February 6, 2016

Letter: 6 February 2016


Well this week was wonderful!!! I really do love being a missionary!

I had a really interesting experience on the metro the other day! I was talking to a wonderful woman about the gospel and Christ and smiled the whole time since Christ makes me so happy. Another man got on the metro and sat opposite of us. I smiled to those around me as I carefully listened to this woman I was teaching. She had to get off a few stops later and the man across from us kept smiling at me as she left, I quickly looked for someone to talk to, thinking that this man would be it but before I knew it, he was walking over to sit next to me! He quickly introduced himself and mentioned that it is very unusual to see someone smiling to much on the metro. He said he noticed my name tag and wanted to ask if I could tell him more about my beliefs since he is also a Christian!! He had noticed all this simply from my name tag and a smile. I was so overcome with joy! It was a wonderful experience and although he quickly left but took a pass along card, I know that not only am I a testimony of Christ in my words but also in my actions. This completely changed my attitude towards smiling since sometimes I am not sure if it scares people or helps, but now I know it helps! So always smile! you never know how big of an effect you will have on others. 

Me and Lucka at her baptism!
Things are well in Prague and it was such an honour to be at Lucka's baptism today! We met her at the beginning of December on a metro and I started talking to her because she looked like a future young women's president! I think looking at people and seeing their potential has really helped me. I cannot help but imagine those we teach wearing a white jumpsuit and singing "zazrak vody krtu" (when I am baptized). I know that as I act on the Spirit and move forward with faith, overcoming my fears and not letting my doubts stop me, I am helping others to come unto Christ and fulfilling my missionary purpose. I am so grateful for every opportunity I have to testify of Christ and I know that every time I do so, it is helping someone to come unto Him. 
 

I know that our Saviour lives and loves us. Every time we do something that brings us closer to Him, He will have a greater influence in our lives and truly become the Prince of Peace in our lives full of chaos and confusion. I am so grateful that every day I get to represent Him.

S laskou,
Sestra Manners 




No comments:

Post a Comment