Monday, April 4, 2016

Letter: 4 April 2016

Dear all,

There are lots of things that I am learning on my mission every single day. One, that I LOVE MY MISSION. Two, I know that Christ lives. He helps me every day. Three, the Czech people here are incredible. Their faith strengthens mine each day.



This week we saw a lot of miracles happen. One was the fact that I got my other wisdom teeth removed and everything else in our area and work ran smoothly without any effects. I know that Heavenly Father helped!


Another was the fact that we were in Prague for zone training and getting my teeth removed. We were on exchanges for the weekend with our dear sister training leaders who are trying to keep two areas running as we are low on sisters. This means they are living a crazy life. The new sister to Prague, Sis Fred had not met a lot of the people that we had taught and found while I served there. We were crossing the street just after training and there was a girl that walked the other way that looked familiar. It was someone that I had taught and loved!!! We were able to chase her down (without scaring her) and teach her and let sis Fred get to know here (her whole name is sister Fredrickson but that is super long so we all call her sis Fred). It was such a miracle! If we had not been there at that time and place, we would not have seen her! The Lord truly puts people on the right path at the right time!


We also taught some incredible lessons together in Prague and loved being back for the weekend. I just feel so at home in the areas I am serving and am so blessed I get to go back to my birthplace so much! We taught a woman from Slovakia on a tram and the spirit was so strong! we even gave her a book of Mormon and said goodbye with a hug! Another time we were tracting a little and walked past a woman walking her dog. I asked her if we could sing for her there and then and she said, Yes! It warmed her heart and we ended up teaching her the restoration there and then on a street in the city at night with a puppy. Miracles happen everywhere!!!

And then we had fast and testimony meeting since we get to watch conference next weekend when it has been translated into Czech. It was incredible! the members have so much faith and are all mostly recent converts (like our new mission president is a convert to the church!! Isn't that just the coolest?. One of the women in our tiny branch is a dear friend of mine already and she talked a lot about missionary work and turned to Sister D and I during her testimony and thanked us for our work and love. I was really needing to hear that and I know Heavenly Father answers my prayers in all sorts of ways!

The church is true!!! I know it, I live it, I love it!

I also had to opportunity to go to an incredible castle today!! It could seriously be a temple!!!




S laskou,

Sestra Manners 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment