Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Letter: 10 May 2016

Life is wonderful že, jo? (right?)

I am so excited to be training! It has been a blast this week and I feel like Sister Hill came so prepared! We have been working hard and I even have a Picture when she nearly passed out on the couch today when we were home for a little bit. She may not have fallen asleep during church, but she was pretty close! Training has definitely come with some challenges like helping her to feel more comfortable contacting and just not burning her out too much but they are helping me learn and I feel like training this transfer is exactly what I need to keep working hard and progress even more as a missionary in new aspects.

Back in Prague for a few days preparing as a trainer!

We had a week of miracles! They day we got back to CBud, we went and visited the Mestanovi with the Elders since Jana's Husband had recently had heart surgery and he wanting a blessing. as we were there, they opened their hearts to us and told us how they knew they needed to repent and come to church again. They do say that very often but they actually came to church on Sunday!!! It was so great!! I feel like they are finally starting to progress at a quicker rate and I loved seeing Jana at church on Sunday (I am really learning to find joy in the littlest of things such as seeing someone come to church). 


She brought her granddaughter who is also a member and her other granddaughter named Dominka. Dominka and Lucinka are sisters but Dominka lived in England when Lucinka and Jana joined the church. Dominka really wants to learn and be baptised but her parents have not given her approval which is really hard because she really wants to learn and grow (like we taught her to pray with the Elders during game night!) but we are also wanting to respect her parents. (That was the hard part of the week... so we had a pretty good week!).


Ingredients sent from home!  Thanks Mom and Dad!  xxx


I also had the best birthday ever!!! I got to start the week by being in Prague, seeing the bridge at night and we even ran into some Mormon girls from BYUI (BYU Idaho) on a European tour! Then my birthday itself we had breakfast with all the trainers at president's home, then I picked up my greenie!! She is adorable! and we rode home. We had a lesson with Kata and she got me an avocado :) (They are my favorite and it was a perfect present). It was such a wonderful day!!!


Breakfast at the Mission Home with all the other trainers

Here are some facts about my mission baby/greenie:
  • Her name is Sister Hill.  She is from Texas.
  • She is the baby in her family and all of her siblings have served missions (all 5 of them).
  • She wears glasses and can play the nose harmonica (She has already shown me... we bonded quickly).
  • She is the best at Czech!!! (I had her talk to people by herself our second day together and she found a new investigator).
  • She is incredible and pretty much came pre-trained. 

President McConkie, Sister Manners, Sister Hill and Sister McConkie

We also met with Tomas who just a week earlier felt like he should stop working towards baptism and we took him off baptismal date. But this week he was feeling so much better and we talked more about baptism and helped set expectations with him and now he is working with us towards the 25th of June as a baptismal date. He is such an amazing young man! He really struggles with social anxiety so he is scared to come to church and despite inviting him to come early so we could meet with him and just a member so he could feel more comfortable, he didn't come. It was hard but we know that the Lord knows how to help him, so we will keep on praying for him and with him. Luckily, this being one of the smallest branches in the Czech Republic, he is in the perfect place!! So that is already and answer to our prayers.

A district dinner appointment!

This week during correlation with President Ambroz (the C'Bud Branch President), we also discovered that Sestra K (the sisters have been working with her for months) has been reactivated!!! It brought such a smile to my face and I am so grateful that she is active again! I have seen the light of Christ become more apparent in her eyes over the months that I have served here and she has a big part of my heart.

Life is wonderful, the weather is gorgeous and I know this transfer is full of miracles. This next weekend our mission will be formed into the first stake in the Czech Republic!! and Elder Uchtdorf will be the one here to form it!

The church is true, the book is blue and Moroni is on the ball.
s laskou,

Sestra Manners 


I know I have been doing well when I wear my companion out, she fell asleep like this!
 
I found some crutches in the apartment!  I may need them after a stunt like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment