Friday, July 17, 2015

Letter: 16 July 2015

16 July 2015

Ahoj! 

This week has been incredible! I have seen so many miracles happen and I am loving missionary life! It still feels like I got here yesterday but saying that, it has also felt like I haven't lived anywhere else but the MTC. 




SO I have a few things that people have asked about so I think I'll just answer them here since my time is limited (I should have more once I'm in the field but things are a tight ship here :) ). 

First of all the fire hose theory = the first week you are in the MTC feels like drinking from a fire hose because you get a lot of water or information sprayed at you and it doesn't all get soaked in and overall it just really hurts your face. Oh how true that is! We're all usually holla exhausted but it's not a physical exhaustion, it's a mental one. But that means we're working hard! For example, I learn at least 20 new Czech words a day, 7 new phrases and 1-2 grammar subjects and 1 scripture reference for the field and it's slowly paying off. 

This week we started teaching another new investigator and I now teach without using notes or looking up a ton of words. I am truly learning what the gift of tongues is and loving it! And teaching by the Spirit is the most incredible missionary tool. I have been able to testify of my Heavenly Father's love for those I teach and see them accept the light of Christ in their lives. I had the opportunity to tell a Czech lady that she has a Heavenly Father and a way to fix her broken heart through Christ. Missionary work is incredible! I am so blessed to be here and I know this is exactly what Heavenly Father wants me to do right now. He listens to our prayers and we can receive comfort as we rely on Him and the Atonement. I know this to be true as I strive to be a better missionary and a disciple of Christ by serving and turning outward (look up "Character of Christ" by David A. Bednar... that talk will change your life!). I am so blessed to know that my life has a purpose and that I can be with my family forever and I am SO GRATEFUL to have the opportunity to share my testimony and the Gospel with those in the Czech Republic. I don't think that I have ever been as happy as I am right now because I know how important what I am doing is. I am going to change lives and bring others to Christ. This week something that really struck me is that others will be blessed for eternity because of the work I do. Thank you for your prayers and kindness because I know they have helped me a lot and brought so many miracles into my life already. You are amazing! 


Sisters Ross, Sloan, Manners and Boza

Some other highlights of my week have been: 
- Matt entered the MTC!! He arrived safely in Mexico yesterday afternoon and I am so happy to share the mission field with him! He is such an example to me already! Thank you for also including him in your prayers. It means a lot! 
- I have a ton of Twizzlers and share them with my district during study breaks. The Elders most recently decided to turn them into flutes and we had a little orchestra going on which was hilarious :) 
- I have funny language mistakes all the time. For example, my comp told our investigator that baptise by drowning :P due to pronunciation I have been saying "we white" (býlí) instead of "we were" (bylí) which has been hilarious depending ion the context. 
- I sang "This is the Christ" for choir on Tuesday and it is now one of my favorite songs! It is so so so good! It brings me to tears because I am so grateful for all that Christ has done for me and am so privileged to be able to testify of Him
- Elder Newman has had hiccups for the past week and they sound like a baby pterodactyl and make me laugh every time which can be super hard sometimes when we are trying to study
- I saw a mother duck and her nine baby ducklings walk across which was the cutest thing in the entire world!!!!
-I finally got to go to the temple again and loved it! It has been closed for cleaning so it was all super clean when we were there. we walked up early this morning after printing out emails and got to see the sun rise as we read our emails 
- I got to host! That means I welcome all the new Elders and Sisters and helped some sisters move in and get to class and I loved it! It was a perfect way to serve and get to know the new sisters. 624 new missionaries came in!
- I'm now the Sister Training Leader in my zone! here are only 8 sisters in my zone so I really get to know them all super well and I even got to train the newest sisters that arrived yesterday already! I interview everyone tomorrow night for the first time so words of advice would be appreciated! I also have a super cool little flip phone on me at all times in case the front desk or my branch president needs to contact someone so I feel super weird carrying that around since that's pretty unusual. 




I would love the share some scripture references that you should definitely study because they are awesome and so mission related! 

D&C 1:4-5 
D&C 29:4&6
D&C 42:29
D&C 100:1-9
Isaiah 49:15-16 

I love you all and thank you for all you do for me! 

Mam rada, 

Sestra Manners 



No comments:

Post a Comment