Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Letter: 20 August 2015 - Last Week in MTC

20th August 2015


Is my time in the MTC really nearly up already? It feels like I got here a week ago!


But it's true! I fly to Prague on Monday and start my travels at 1.30 am! (that makes waking up at 6.30 feel like a vacation!). I am so excited to be in the field and to teach real people and bear my testimony to people who have never even prayed before. I know that I am going to where I am needed the most. Heavenly Father has people in the Czech Republic that need me. Heavenly Father really has a plan for every single one of us and I have the opportunity to see how mine unravels and intertwines with the people I will be serving.


This week has been incredible! Days fly by so fast I feel like I wake up and I'm ready to go back to sleep and start the next day only a few hours later!  I have had so many highlights this week and it's so hard to remember what week they are from since time just all folds into one :)


Sunday we got to perform with the Nashville tribute band! I loved it! They are an amazing group of fathers and friends who have written beautiful songs about the gospel that all happen to be country music! I can feel the Spirit so strongly through music and I love being able to bear my testimony to a tune! I so strongly felt the truth of the sweet message I get share as I sang and listened and I am so grateful for all that Heavenly Father has blessed me with. One of my favorite songs was called "the hardest thing I ever had to leave" (I think) and is a simple song about one of the band member's missions. Every missionary has made sacrifices to come on a mission and yet it is because of those sacrifices and the experiences that I have had and will continue to have that make my testimony stronger. I know that my hard work and effort will change lives because it has already changed mine.


I had the best Friday ever last week! My companion and I got to go to Salt Lake City and attend the temple. It is so beautiful! And I loved being able to see every single temple I have visited this last year on our way up there as we took the train. I am so grateful for the sacrifices so many members have made in order to be able to attend the temple and build beautiful houses of the Lord. Never ever take that blessing for granted! I just attended the Provo temple for the last time for the next 17 months and loved it. It has been such a blessing to attend each week and be reminded of the covenants and promises I have made. I know that this church is true! Temples are such a source of comfort and peace and we can truly feel at home as we attend them!


I know that this Gospel is true and that because of Jesus Christ we can live with our Heavenly Father again. We are so blessed to know who we are and that our lives have a purpose. I know that it is through obedience and keeping the commandments that we can be truly happy.


Thank you for your love and support! If you would like to know what my flight plans are, please feel free to ask my family!


Uvidime se (which will be in a week and half in the Czech Republic!!),


Sestra Manners


P.S. begin today to read the scriptures by starting with a prayer and a question. It will change your life!


P.P.S. God loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment