Friday, August 19, 2016

Letter: 15 August 2016

Dear all,

I have loved learning more about Christlike attributes this week and really loved reading Colossians 1:25-29. I can see that I have been called to be a minister of Christ to all those around me. I love that as I open my mouth and share my testimony as directed by the spirit that I can see  miracles happening. I know that the spirit is essential and I am so grateful for it careful guidance each day. As sister Morgan and I taught Desmund and invited him to be baptised, I know that spirit was in our lesson. I felt peace and the love of the lord for Desmund. He has accepted to be baptised next month and we will be working with him closely as he prepares. He loved church yesterday! He even brought his Book of Mormon with him. He said that his favorite part was Sunday school since it reminded him of a bible study class he went to at home in Ghana.


District Meeting!  Mission President and wife next to me.
I love something that sister Audrlicka shared with us this week when we visited her and her family: she said that the incredible thing about the gospel and church is no matter where we are in the world, the teachings are the same because we are lead and directed by the Spirit. That is so true! I love learning from the examples of the members. Their faith inspires me and gives me hope. I know that they help me to come closer to my Saviour.

I love my mission. I love the gospel. How great is my calling!



Some highlights of the week:


We went on exchanges with the sisters in Ostrava, sister Bailey and Morgan,
we had a baptism! A dear sweet lady aged 68 was baptised in a lake and there were nudists there! I will remember that forever!




We visited the dear sweet Audrlicka family who have 7 children, aged 2 to 18. Their youngest became a dear friend and we shared name tags together.






Desmund came to church and loved it!!

S laskou,

Sestra Manners



We made Pizza after district meeting!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment