Friday, August 12, 2016

Letter: 8 August 2016



Dear all,

The scriptures have come to life for me while I have been here as a missionary. I find more meaning in them each day as I study and pray about them and ponder their personal meaning for me. I know they were written by inspired prophets of God and contain the answer to every question we will ever have in our lives.
 


This week, 1 Nephi 1:20 has rung true to me just as always and even more. I know that the Lord has a tender plan for each of us and that he will always bless us with miracles. I have seen answers come and blessings be unfurled as I serve here. The Lord knows exactly what we need and he blesses us with even better. 

Here I am with some of the other sisters and our new Mission President and wife

This week, we have seen so many people make progress in the gospel. One example is a lady named Angelika that lives really close to the Polish border. She asked for a copy of the Book of Mormon and after making the two hour journey to her house, we gave her everything that we could and our testimonies. She cried and kissed our cheeks when we arrived and it was a very humbling experience. I had a very spiritual moment with her that I would like to share. 


We went with the elders and taught Angelika and her husband and sister and brother and their children. It was pure craziness with kids screaming and a cute kitten. But as we explained and taught about the Book of Mormon, I felt prompted to just talk to Angelika about Christ. I leaned over to her, holding the picture of Christ visiting the Nephites in my hands and poured out my feelings about the Saviour with her. It felt like the world around me disappeared and in that moment all I felt was love for Angelika. I felt how much Heavenly Father was grateful that we were there for her. I know that the spirit was the true teacher and I had the privilege of being an instrument in the Lord's hands.
 


I love this work. I love the Gospel and I know that it is true.

S laskou,

Sestra Manners



No comments:

Post a Comment