Thursday, January 7, 2016

Letter: 2 January 2016

Dear all,

Happy New Year! I hope that you are having a wonderful 2016! I am lucky enough to say that I will be spending the entire of this year on my mission! Isn't that amazing? I am already seeing the many miracles that this year has to bring and I look forward to the 363 left! 


My new companion Sister Andreason
So far I have seen so many prayers answered. Each day I pray to find people who are ready for the gospel and this week we found 4! A man and his wife walked past us at a singing display on Tuesday and were interested in the book of Mormon. They then showed up at the building the next day during district meeting to get one! we taught them the following day and then we just taught them again! They are amazing!!! It really was a moment that felt like those stories that you always hear from returned missionaries. They came with so many questions and every time we have seen them, they always have another friend with them! We are teaching them a lot using the bible and the book of Mormon so we are definitely learning a lot!

I also have seen the power of testimony so much already! I have short lessons with people on the metro as we are traveling places and make sure to always find something in their life that they need to hear a testimony about. It has changed my mission so much! And softened so many hearts!

I also had the opportunity to use my German a lot this week! Not only did I teach a beginners German class but yesterday a young girl and her friend broke down in front of the chapel and they only spoke German! They were there for a while and along with help form the Elders we helped them to get on their way and to a mechanics. I had the opportunity to testify to them about the book of Mormon and plant some seeds of faith. I love being a missionary!

this week was the start of a new transfer and we had the opportunity to make a transfer vision- things we wanted to accomplish this transfer. Like people to teach, things to learn and it reminded me a lot of new years resolutions! It is really important to make goals since they help us to progress and improve- which is the main reason why we are here on earth as part of our mortal experience. As we make goals with clear precise ways of measuring them, we can continuously progress and become more like our creator. I know that He loves us and that as we share our goals with him prayer, we can receive help both from heaven and from the angels who are round about us.

I hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy this little video! 

"Look Not Behind Thee"
 

S laskou,

Sestra Manners

P.S. it finally snowed in Prague! But it melted about an hour later! But Sis Andreason and I loved waking up to it on new year's day! 


I got a surprise Christmas package from my German school friend Dannielle!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment