Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Letter: 27 June 2016

Goodbyes and New Beginnings

This week has been wonderful. I really never thought that it would ever happen! We are getting a new mission president! I am excited to see how this mission will just soar with all the new changes and things happening. What an exciting time it is to be a Czech Slovak missionary! I really can see how the Lord is blessing us a mission each and every day. I love being able to see and come to understand what it means to carry my corner as I serve here.
 


Sister Hill and I had the most interesting street lesson yesterday. I was really reminded of the importance of just keeping things simple and leaving those I teach with my testimony. We were walking home from church and talking to people as we walked and sister Hill said 'look's like those two men over there just came from church!'so of course, we went over and talked to them (I love trying to be more urgent with the message.. nobody within our reach or sight goes by without talking to us now! I love it!). The men were two Jehovah's Witnesses and we just talked to them and they had many question but were never satisfied with our answers. I really was trying not to get annoyed by them (thinking about how Christ treated all really helped) and I realized that even when they would try to tell us we were wrong or that the God we believe in is a god of confusion, I know that bearing my testimony and making sure they knew they were loved was enough. I am not here to convert others with my words. No matter what I do, I am nothing without the Lord on my side. However, when I simply share what I know to be true with others, listen with love and am patient, the spirit becomes the teacher and those who are prepared and elect will listen and learn. I am so grateful that my testimony of testimonies was strengthened!


My testimony of listening was also strengthened as we finally got to meet with a less active who was baptized a little over a year ago. We just simply asked her after game night if we could get a lemonade together and while we were there, over time she just opened her heart to us and shared all of her worries and testimony concerns and it was the most incredible listening experience ever. Sometimes listening really is all that it takes. As we listen, the spirit will share with us what we need to say and we will be able to know how to help our dear friends that we have come to love as we serve in this mission with our whole heart. 



I love my mission and I am so grateful for the honor I have to represent the Lord each and every day.

This church is true and led by Jesus the Christ. I know that He lives.

s laskou,

Sestra Manners


Starsi Dean and I celebrated our first birthday as missionaries
We went to Cesky Krumlov for our culture night

No comments:

Post a Comment