Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Letter: 25 July 2016

Dear all,

This week has been incredible. it is such an honor to be a Czech/Slovak missionary.  Every day comes with surprises and things to laugh about and learn about and sometimes i can forget how wonderful it really can be. We had the opportunity to celebrate our mission. We went to a castle called Karlstejn and went to a small hill close by called Priest Hill where in 1929 this country was set apart for the preaching of the gospel.



On Friday, we gathered as a group of about 60 missionaries, all the missionaries serving in the country and we had a special conference where we sang, prayed and testified together. I have not felt the spirit in the same way since I last got to visit the temple nearly a year ago. Our mission president reminded us that being on a mountain is as close as you can be to the lord when outside of the temple or not in your home. i can testify that that is true! The spirit spoke to me and touched my heart and reminded me of the magnificence of this work. I know that it is true. It may be the hardest thing I have ever done but it is always worth it. I am so blessed to be here.


Saturday was very similar but had a completely different feel to it. we once again went to Karltsejn, a journey that took most of our day by train, but we went with the Czech saints from around the stake.  They were beautiful. Their faith inspires me and it was an honor to there for the first time with bishops and wards as a stake activity. I love the members of our mission!! They are incredible and I love learning about their conversion stories and seeing that every single one of them is a pioneer of their own. They have sacrificed so much to have the gospel in their land and I get to be here to share it with others.


I know that this church is true and that this is the Lord's work, no matter what, it will go forward for with the Lord on our side, anything is possible. (see 2 Timothy chapter 1 verse 7).


I love the gospel with my whole heart and I love my mission just the same!

s laskou,

Sestra Manners



No comments:

Post a Comment